30. Lowry D. B., B. A. Gould. The speciation continuum. In review
29. Aspinwall, M. J., P. A. Fay, C. V. Hawkes, D. B. Lowry, A. Khasanova, J. Bonnette, B. K. Whitaker, N. Johnson, T. E. Juenver. Ploidy and genotype responses to precipitation in a widespread C4 grass: effects of water limitation. In review
28. Tyford A. D., M. A. Streisfeld, D. B. Lowry, J. Friedman. Genomic studies on the nature of species: ecological divergence, adaptation, and speciation in Mimulus. In review
27. Lowry, D. B., S. H. Taylor, J. Bonnette, M. J. Aspinwall, A. L. Asmus, T. H. Keitt, C. M. Tobias, T. E. Juenger. QTLs for biomass and developmental traits in switchgrass (Panicum virgatum). In revision
26. Lovell, J. T., J. L. Mullen, D. B. Lowry, J. H. Richards, S. Sen, P. Verslues, T. E. Juenger, J. K. McKay. Exploiting epistasis and differential gene expression to discover candidate genes for drought-associated QTLs in Arabidopsis thaliana. In revision
25. Sexton, J.., M. Hufford, A. Bateman, D. B. Lowry, H. Meimberg, S. Strauss, K. Rice. Climate similarity, rather than spatial distance or center-edge gene flow, structures genetic variation across a species’ range. In revision
24. Lowry, D. B., K. Hernandez, S. H. Taylor, E. Meyer, T. L. Logan, J. A. Chapman, D. S. Rokhsar, J. Schmutz, T. E. Juenger. (2015) The genetics of divergence and reproductive isolation between ecotypes of Panicum hallii. New Phytologist. 205: 402-414.
23. Selby, J. P., A. L. Jeong, K. Toll, K. M. Wright, D. B. Lowry. (2014) “Methods and discoveries in the pursuit of understanding the genetic basis of adaptation to harsh environments in Mimulus.” In N. Rajakaruna (ed.). Plant Ecology and Evolution in Harsh Environments. Pp. 243-265. NOVA Science Publishers, Inc. Hauppauge, NY, USA.
22. Lasky, J. R., D. L. Des Marais, D. B. Lowry, I. Povolotskaya, J. K. McKay, J. H. Richards, T. H. Keitt, T. E. Juenger. (2014) Natural variation in abiotic stress responsive gene expression is associated with local adaptation to climate in Arabidopsis thaliana. Molecular Biology and Evolution. 31:2283-2296.
21. Meyer, E., M. J. Aspinwall, D. B. Lowry, J. Palacio-Mejía, T. L. Logan, P. A. Fay, T. E. Juenger. (2014) Integrating physiological, transcriptional, and metabolomic responses to drought stress and recovery in switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.). BMC Genomics. 15: 527.
20. Oneal, E., D. B. Lowry, K. M. Wright, Z. Zhu, J. H. Willis. (2014) Divergent population structure and climate associations of a chromosomal inversion polymorphism across the Mimulus guttatus species complex. Molecular Ecology. 23: 2844–2860
19. Lowry, D. B., K. D. Behrman, P. Grabowski, G. P. Morris, J. R. Kiniry, T. E. Juenger. (2014) Adaptation between ecotypes and along environmental gradients in Panicum virgatum. The American Naturalist 183: 682-692.
18. Lowry, D. B., T. L. Logan, L. Santuari, C. S. Hardtke, J. H. Richards, L. J. DeRose-Wilson, J. K. McKay, S. Sen, T. E. Juenger. (2013) Expression QTL mapping across water availability environments reveals contrasting associations with genomic features in Arabidopsis thaliana. The Plant Cell 25: 3266–3279.
16. Aspinwall, M. J., D. B. Lowry, S. H. Taylor, T. E. Juenger, C. V. Hawkes, M. V. Johnson, J. R. Kiniry, P. A. Fay. (2013) Genotypic variation in traits linked to climate and aboveground productivity in a widespread C4 grass: evidence for a functional trait syndrome. New Phytologist 199: 966-980.
15. Wright, K. M., D. Lloyd, D. B. Lowry, M. R. Macnair, J. H. Willis. (2013) Indirect evolution of hybrid lethality due to linkage with a selected locus in Mimulus guttatus. PLoS Biology 11: e1001497.
11. Lowry, D. B., C. T. Purmal, E. Meyer, T. E. Juenger. (2012) Microsatellite markers for the native Texas perennial grass, Panicum hallii (Poaceae). American Journal of Botany Primer Notes & Protocols. 99: e114-e116
10. Lowry, D. B., C. S. Sheng, Z. Zhu, T. E. Juenger, B. Lahner, D. E. Salt, J. H. Willis. (2012) Mapping of ionomic traits in Mimulus guttatus reveals Mo and Cd QTLs that colocalize with MOT1 homologues. PLoS One 7: e30730.
8. Lowry, D.B., J. H. Willis. (2010) A widespread chromosomal inversion polymorphism contributes to a major life-history transition, local adaptation, and reproductive isolation. PLoS Biology 8: e1000500
4. Lowry, D. B., M. C. Hall, D. E. Salt, J. H. Willis. (2009). Genetic and physiological basis of adaptive salt tolerance divergence between coastal and inland Mimulus guttatus. New Phytologist 183: 776-788.
3. Lowry, D. B., J. L. Modliszewski, K. M. Wright, C. A. Wu, J. H. Willis. (2008). The strength and genetic basis of reproductive isolating barriers in flowering plants. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 363: 3009-3021.
1. Wu, C. A., D. B. Lowry, A. M. Cooley, K. M. Wright, Y. W. Lee, and J. H. Willis. (2008). Mimulus is an emerging model system for the integration of ecological and genomic studies. Heredity 100: 220-230.