58. Lovell et al. Polyploidy and genomic introgressions facilitate climate adaptation and biomass yield in switchgrass. Submitted
57. Toll K, LoPresti EF, Lowry DB. Inbreeding depression contributes to the maintenance of habitat segregation between closely related monkeyflower species. In review
56. Soltani A, Walter K, Lowry DB. A major reproductive isolation QTL is associated with F1 sterility in common bean x tepary bean hybrids. Submitted
55. Santiago J, Soltani A, Bresson M, Preiser A, Lowry DB, Sharkey TD. Leaf sucrose export and anther glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity are essential for pollen health at elevated temperature. In revision
54. VanWallendael A, Bonnette J, Juenger TE, Fritschi FB, Fay PA, Mitchell RB, Lloyd-Reilley J, Rouquette FM, Bergstrom GC, Lowry DB. 2020 Geographic variation in the genetic basis of resistance to leaf rust in locally adapted ecotypes of the biofuel crop switchgrass (Panicum virgatum). New Phytologist. In press
53. Bowsher AW, Kearns PJ, Popovic D, Lowry DB, Shade A. 2020. Locally-adapted Mimulus ecotypes differentially impact rhizosphere bacterial and archaeal communities in an environment-dependent manner. Phytobiomes. 4: 53-63.
52. Popovic D, Lowry DB. 2020. Contrasting environmental factors drive local adaptation at opposite ends of an environmental gradient in the yellow monkeyflower (Mimulus guttatus). American Journal of Botany. 107: 298-307.
51. Lowry DB, Lovell JT, Zhang L, Bonnette J, Fay PA, Mitchell RB, Lloyd Reilley J, Boe AR, Wu Y, Rouquette FM, Wynia RL, Weng X, Behrman KD, Healy A, Barry K, Lipzen A, Bauer D, Sharma A, Jenkins J, Schumtz J, Fritschi FB, Juenger TE. 2019. QTL x environment interactions underlie adaptive divergence in switchgrass across a large latitudinal gradient. PNAS.
50. Lowry DB, Sobel JM, Angert AL, Ashman T-L, Baker RL, Blackman BK, Brandvain Y, Byers KJRP, Cooley AM, Coughlan JM, Dudash MR, Fenster CB, Ferris KG, Fishman L, Friedman J, Grossenbacher DL, Holeski LM, Ivey CT, Kay KM, Koelling VA, Kooyers NJ, Murren CJ, Muir CD, Nelson TC, Peterson ML, Puzey JR, Rotter MC, Seeman JR, Sexton JP, Sheth SN, Streisfeld MA, Sweigart AL, Twyford AD, Vallejo-Marin M, Willis JH, Wu CA, Yuan YW. 2019. The case for the continued use of the genus name Mimulus for all monkeyflowers. Taxon. 68: 617-623.
49. Soltani A, Weraduwage SM, Sharkey TD, Lowry DB. 2019. Elevated temperatures cause loss of seed set in common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) potentially through the disruption of source-sink relationships. BMC Genomics. 20: 312.
47. VanWallendael A, Soltani A, Emery NC, Peixoto MM, Olsen J, Lowry DB. 2019. A molecular view of plant local adaptation: Incorporating stress-response networks. Annual Reviews of Plant Biology. 70: 559-583.
46. Lowry DB, Popovic D, Brennan DJ, Holeski LM. 2019. Mechanisms of a locally adaptive shift in allocation among growth, reproduction, and herbivore resistance in Mimulus guttatus. Evolution. 73: 1168–1181.
45. Kenaley SC, Bergstrom GC, Montes Ortiz ZK, VanWallendael A, Lowry DB, Bonnette JE, Juenger TE. 2019. First report of the head smut fungus, Tilletia maclaganii, affecting switchgrass in Texas. Plant Disease.103: 578.
43. Lovell JT, Jenkins J, Lowry DB, Mamidi S, Sreedasyam A, Weng X, Barry K, Bonette J, Campitelli B, Daum C, Gordon SP, Gould BA, Khasanova A, Lipzen A, MacQueen A, Palacio-Mejia JD, Plott C, Shakirov EV, Shengqiang S, Yoshinaga Y, Zane M, Kudrna D, Talag JD, Rokhsar D, Grimwood J, Schmutz J, Juenger TE. 2018. The genomic landscape of molecular responses to natural drought stress in Panicum hallii. Nature Communications. 9: 5213.
42. Gould BA, Palacio-Mejia JD, Jenkins J, Barry K, Schmutz J, Juenger TE, Lowry DB. 2018. Population genomics and climate adaptation of a C4 perennial grass, Panicum hallii (Poaceae). BMC Genomics. 19: 792.
41. Soltani A, MafiMoghaddam S, OladzadAbbasabadi A, Walter K, Kearns PJ, Vasquez Guzman J, Mamidi S, Lee R, Shade A, Jacobs JL, Chilivers MI, Lowry DB, McClean P, Osorno JM. 2018. Genetic analysis of flooding tolerance in an Andean diversity panel of dry bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Frontiers in Plant Science. 9: 767.
40. Wadgymar S, Lowry DB, Gould BA, Byron CN, Mactavish R, Anderson, JT. 2017. Identifying targets and agents of selection: Innovative methods to evaluate the environmental and genetic factors that contribute to local adaptation. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. 8: 738–749.
39. Lowry DB, Hoban S, Kelley JL, Lotterhos KE, Reed LK, Antolin MF, Storfer A. 2017. Responsible RAD: Striving for best practices in population genomic studies of adaptation. Molecular Ecology Resources. 17: 366-369.
38. Aspinwall MJ, Fay PA, Hawkes CV, Lowry DB, Khasanova A, Bonnette J, Whitaker BK, Johnson N, Juenger TE. 2017. Intraspecific variation in precipitation responses of a widespread C4 grass depend on site water limitation. Journal of Plant Ecology. 10: 310-321.
37. Lowry DB, Hoban S, Kelley JL, Lotterhos KE, Reed LK, Antolin MF, Storfer A. 2017. Breaking RAD: An evaluation of the utility of restriction site associated DNA sequencing for genome scans of adaptation. Molecular Ecology Resources. 17: 142-152.
33. Lovell JT, Shakirov EV, Schwartz S, Lowry DB, Aspinwall MJ, Taylor SA, Palacio-Mejía J, Hawkes CV, Fay PA, Juenger TE. 2016. Promises and challenges of eco-physiological genomics in the field: tests of drought responses in switchgrass. Plant Physiology. 172: 734-748.
32. Lovell JT, Schwartz S, Lowry DB, Shakirov EV, Bonnette J, Wang M, Johnson J, Sreedasyam A, Plott A, Jenkins J, Schmutz J, Juenger TE. 2016. Drought responsive gene expression regulatory divergence between upland and lowland ecotypes of a perennial C4 grass. Genome Research. 26: 510-518.
30. Hoban S, Kelley JL, Lotterhos KE, Antolin MF, Bradburd G, Lowry DB, Poss ML, Reed LK, Storfer A, Whitlock MC. 2016. Finding the genomic basis of local adaptation in non-model organisms: pitfalls, practical solutions, and future directions. The American Naturalist. 188: 379-397.
29. Sexton J, Hufford M, Bateman A, Lowry DB, Meimberg H, Strauss S, Rice K. 2016. Climate structures genetic variation across a species’ elevation range: a test of range limits hypotheses. Molecular Ecology. 25: 911-928.
28. Lowry DB, Hernandez K, Taylor SH, Meyer E, Logan TL, Chapman JA, Rokhsar DS, Schmutz J, Juenger TE. 2015. The genetics of divergence and reproductive isolation between ecotypes of Panicum hallii. New Phytologist. 205: 402-414.
27. Lowry DB, Taylor SH, Bonnette J, Aspinwall MJ, Asmus AL, Keitt TH, Tobias CM, Juenger TE. 2015. QTLs for biomass and developmental traits in switchgrass (Panicum virgatum). Bioenergy Research. 8: 1856-1867.
25. Lovell JT, Mullen JL, Lowry DB, Richards JH, Sen S, Verslues P, Juenger TE, McKay JK. 2015. Exploiting epistasis and differential gene expression to discover candidate genes for drought-associated QTLs in Arabidopsis thaliana. The Plant Cell 27: 969-983.
22. Selby JP, Jeong AL, Toll K, Wright KM, Lowry DB. 2014. “Methods and discoveries in the pursuit of understanding the genetic basis of adaptation to harsh environments in Mimulus.” In N. Rajakaruna (ed.). Plant Ecology and Evolution in Harsh Environments. Pp. 243-265. NOVA Science Publishers, Inc. Hauppauge, NY, USA.
21. Lasky JR, Des Marais DL, Lowry DB, Povolotskaya I, McKay JK, Richards JH, Keitt TH, Juenger TE. 2014. Natural variation in abiotic stress responsive gene expression is associated with local adaptation to climate in Arabidopsis thaliana. Molecular Biology and Evolution. 31:2283-2296.
20. Meyer E, Aspinwall MJ, Lowry DB, Palacio-Mejía J, Logan TL, Fay PA, Juenger TE. 2014. Integrating physiological, transcriptional, and metabolomic responses to drought stress and recovery in switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.). BMC Genomics. 15: 527.
19. Oneal E, Lowry DB, Wright KM, Zhu Z, Willis JH. 2014. Divergent population structure and climate associations of a chromosomal inversion polymorphism across the Mimulus guttatus species complex. Molecular Ecology. 23: 2844–2860
18. Lowry DB, Logan TL, Santuari L, Hardtke CS, Richards JH, DeRose-Wilson LJ, McKay JK, Sen S, Juenger TE. 2013. Expression QTL mapping across water availability environments reveals contrasting associations with genomic features in Arabidopsis thaliana. The Plant Cell 25: 3266–3279.
15. Aspinwall MJ, Lowry DB, Taylor SH, Juenger TE, Hawkes CV, Johnson MV, Kiniry JR, Fay PA. 2013. Genotypic variation in traits linked to climate and aboveground productivity in a widespread C4 grass: evidence for a functional trait syndrome. New Phytologist 199: 966-980.
11. Lowry DB, Purmal CT, Meyer E, Juenger TE. 2012. Microsatellite markers for the native Texas perennial grass, Panicum hallii (Poaceae). American Journal of Botany Primer Notes & Protocols 99: e114-e116
10. Lowry DB, Sheng CS, Zhu Z, Juenger TE, Lahner B, Salt DE, Willis JH. 2012. Mapping of ionomic traits in Mimulus guttatus reveals Mo and Cd QTLs that colocalize with MOT1 homologues PLoS One 7: e30730.
3. Lowry DB, Modliszewski JL, Wright KM, Wu CA, Willis JH. 2008. The strength and genetic basis of reproductive isolating barriers in flowering plants. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 363: 3009-3021.