38. Lowry DB, Hoban S, Kelley JL, Lotterhos KE, Reed LK, Antolin MF, Storfer A. Breaking RAD: An evaluation of the utility of restriction site associated DNA sequencing for genome scans of adaptation. In Review
37. Milano ER, Lowry DB, TE Juenger. The genetic basis of upland/lowland ecotype divergence in switchgrass (Panicum virgatum). In Review
36. Gould BA, Chen Y, Lowry DB. Pooled ecotype sequencing reveals candidate genetic mechanisms for adaptive differentiation and reproductive isolation. In Revision
35. Hoban S, Kelley JL, Lotterhos KE, Antolin MF, Bradburd G, Lowry DB, Poss ML, Reed LK, Storfer A, Whitlock MC. 2016. Finding the genomic basis of local adaptation in non-model organisms: pitfalls, practical solutions, and future directions. The American Naturalist. In Press
33. Lovell JT, Shakirov EV, Schwartz S, Lowry DB, Aspinwall MJ, Taylor SA, Palacio-Mejía J, Hawkes CV, Fay PA, Juenger TE. 2016. Promises and challenges of eco-physiological genomics in the field: tests of drought responses in switchgrass. Plant Physiology. In Press.
32. Aspinwall MJ, Fay PA, Hawkes CV, Lowry DB, Khasanova A, Bonnette J, Whitaker BK, Johnson N, Juenger TE. 2016. Intraspecific variation in precipitation responses of a widespread C4 grass depend on site water limitation. Journal of Plant Ecology. In Press
30. Lovell JT, Schwartz S, Lowry DB, Shakirov EV, Bonnette J, Wang M, Johnson J, Sreedasyam A, Plott A, Jenkins J, Schmutz J, Juenger TE. 2016. Drought responsive gene expression regulatory divergence between upland and lowland ecotypes of a perennial C4 grass. Genome Research. 26: 510-518.
29. Sexton J, Hufford M, Bateman A, Lowry DB, Meimberg H, Strauss S, Rice K. 2016. Climate structures genetic variation across a species’ elevation range: a test of range limits hypotheses. Molecular Ecology. 25: 911-928.
28. Lowry DB, Hernandez K, Taylor SH, Meyer E, Logan TL, Chapman JA, Rokhsar DS, Schmutz J, Juenger TE. 2015. The genetics of divergence and reproductive isolation between ecotypes of Panicum hallii. New Phytologist. 205: 402-414.
27. Lowry DB, Taylor SH, Bonnette J, Aspinwall MJ, Asmus AL, Keitt TH, Tobias CM, Juenger TE. 2015. QTLs for biomass and developmental traits in switchgrass (Panicum virgatum). Bioenergy Research. 8: 1856-1867.
25. Lovell JT, Mullen JL, Lowry DB, Richards JH, Sen S, Verslues P, Juenger TE, McKay JK. 2015. Exploiting epistasis and differential gene expression to discover candidate genes for drought-associated QTLs in Arabidopsis thaliana. The Plant Cell 27: 969-983.
22. Selby JP, Jeong AL, Toll K, Wright KM, Lowry DB. 2014. “Methods and discoveries in the pursuit of understanding the genetic basis of adaptation to harsh environments in Mimulus.” In N. Rajakaruna (ed.). Plant Ecology and Evolution in Harsh Environments. Pp. 243-265. NOVA Science Publishers, Inc. Hauppauge, NY, USA.
21. Lasky JR, Des Marais DL, Lowry DB, Povolotskaya I, McKay JK, Richards JH, Keitt TH, Juenger TE. 2014. Natural variation in abiotic stress responsive gene expression is associated with local adaptation to climate in Arabidopsis thaliana. Molecular Biology and Evolution. 31:2283-2296.
20. Meyer E, Aspinwall MJ, Lowry DB, Palacio-Mejía J, Logan TL, Fay PA, Juenger TE. 2014. Integrating physiological, transcriptional, and metabolomic responses to drought stress and recovery in switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.). BMC Genomics. 15: 527.
19. Oneal E, Lowry DB, Wright KM, Zhu Z, Willis JH. 2014. Divergent population structure and climate associations of a chromosomal inversion polymorphism across the Mimulus guttatus species complex. Molecular Ecology. 23: 2844–2860
18. Lowry DB, Logan TL, Santuari L, Hardtke CS, Richards JH, DeRose-Wilson LJ, McKay JK, Sen S, Juenger TE. 2013. Expression QTL mapping across water availability environments reveals contrasting associations with genomic features in Arabidopsis thaliana. The Plant Cell 25: 3266–3279.
15. Aspinwall MJ, Lowry DB, Taylor SH, Juenger TE, Hawkes CV, Johnson MV, Kiniry JR, Fay PA. 2013. Genotypic variation in traits linked to climate and aboveground productivity in a widespread C4 grass: evidence for a functional trait syndrome. New Phytologist 199: 966-980.
11. Lowry DB, Purmal CT, Meyer E, Juenger TE. 2012. Microsatellite markers for the native Texas perennial grass, Panicum hallii (Poaceae). American Journal of Botany Primer Notes & Protocols 99: e114-e116
10. Lowry DB, Sheng CS, Zhu Z, Juenger TE, Lahner B, Salt DE, Willis JH. 2012. Mapping of ionomic traits in Mimulus guttatus reveals Mo and Cd QTLs that colocalize with MOT1 homologues PLoS One 7: e30730.
3. Lowry DB, Modliszewski JL, Wright KM, Wu CA, Willis JH. 2008. The strength and genetic basis of reproductive isolating barriers in flowering plants. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 363: 3009-3021.